A day out with your family and loved ones doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. There are many ways to have fun without spending a lot of money. Here are ten inexpensive family activities that will let you spend quality time with your family and save money at the same time.
- Movie night doesn’t have to involve emptying your wallet paying for tickets, popcorn, soda, and other snacks. Instead rent a family-friendly movie, pick up a box of popcorn and some drinks, and watch the movie together at home. You’ll still be spending time as a family, and that’s the most important thing.
- Turn dinner into a family project. Let the kids help set the table and get the drinks ready. Get the whole family involved and make something fun! Pick up some pizza dough at your local pizzeria and make your own pizza. The kids can help roll out the dough or sprinkle the on cheese.
- Game night is a great way to have fun for free. Pull out the old board games or play charades. Its fun for family and friends of all ages.
- A picnic in the park will let mom and dad sit and relax while the kids run around the playground. Pack some sandwiches and snacks and spend the day outside together.
- Take a trip to the local zoo or museum. Even if you don’t live near a large city, many towns have smaller attractions that are just as fun. Play tourist for a day and visit the local sights you never got around to visiting before.
- Spend the day at the beach or lake. Depending on where you live, you probably have one or the other within driving distance. Take the family and let then lounge around and play in the water.
- Go to a minor league game. Whether you prefer baseball, hockey, or whatever other sport, a minor league game is a great bargain. The action is usually just as exciting as the pros and you’ll pay only a fraction of the cost.
- School plays are a nice way to spend the evening. Even if you don’t have any children attending the school you can attend the play for only a few dollars. The actors may not win any Academy Awards, but they are still entertaining.
- Walk. This may not sound exciting, but it is a great way for a family to bond. There is a nice park near our house and it has a small lake with a walking trail around it. When the weather is nice, we take our daughter for a walk. It’s very relaxing and it is a great way to get some exercise.
Tell me, which one of these do you do? Or do you have other ideas that are not listed? share it!